Dorm showers can be intimidating – you’re so used to showering alone that you may not feel comfortable showering with others. But there’s no need to worry, provided you understand what some basic common courtesies and ideas for how to shower in college dorms.
- Time – make sure to arrange your time to get a shower in where you don’t have to wait too long. Observe when there’s rushes and slows to find the perfect time for when you should shower.
- Supplies – bring your own. Bring a small amount of shampoo in a shower caddy or bag to bring all your shower necessities. We even made a list of all the supplies you should bring:
- Waterproof shower caddy
- Large towel or robe to help you cover up after the shower
- Shampoo and/or conditioner
- Razor and shaving cream
- Shower gel or bar soap
- Short – keep your showers short. Don’t hog all the hot water.
And that’s it! Showering can be scary in college due to the communal setting, but if you’re prepared, it’s an easy experience.